Blogger Widgets

Total Page visits

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Should I be a good a teacher? or a bad teacher?



I am a good teacher
I am a bad teacher
If I am quite casual in taking the classes and not bother much about student discipline
If I am strict in taking the classes and impose discipline if students are not self disciplined. 
If I keep waving away the classes for no reason
If I handle all 14/28/42/56 classes with full sincerity and honesty
If I do not take attendance register to the class and do not mark the attendance at all and finally say shortage of attendance NIL. (As a bonus, it is also easy to make entries in SIS)
If I in every class take the attendance and report actually shortage of attendance if applicable (as a punishment (?) it is quite difficult to make entries in SIS)
If I allow the students to get into the class whatever time they come / like
If I control the students and maintain time discipline
I keep short, cute and sweet, the test question banks and is almost a replica of the QP.
If I give a lot number of brain twisting questions so that they have to think professional and use their brains to answer the same.
If I just give away simple question in the test/exam QP, and make the students spit the answer they have mugged up into the answer book. 
If I try to maintain certain standards in the question paper and try to check the students understanding on the subject. 
If I allow the students copy during the tests
If I am strict and do not allow the students to copy during the tests
If I give simple assignments which can be finished by mere clerical work of copying something from the text book, to be more specific a VTU book
If I give a problems solving and subject understanding type of question to be solved, problems taken from a standard book. 
If I just give away 48-49-50 of 50 marks not caring for answers or whatsoever. 
If I reasonably evaluate the blue books and give deserving marks to the students
Finally, If I “give” A/S grade to the students immaterial of the performance
Finally, If I do the actual grading and allot the grades as the students deserve. 
  

No comments: